GETTING DOWN TO IT
DRILLING & BLASTING
GETTING DOWN TO IT
DRILLING & BLASTING
READY TO ROCK
Start from the ground up
- Residential: Blasting done by WCB certified residential blaster with decades of blasting experience in British Columbia. From single-family homes and additions to large multilevel custom homes we have done it all. We can handle a project of any size and scope of work. We continue to deliver solutions that save time and money for our clients
- Commercial: Multi-level underground parking for malls and large retail stores we will work with engineering firms to come up with the best plan to use on-site blasted material for fill zones. This reduces trucking and material costs and saves time moving along the pre-construction phase with ease.
- Rural logging: For timberlands requiring access roads most often blasting is a major part. We offer woodlot blasting for logging companies across Vancouver Island and the Powel River Region. Our blasters will work with you to get access to your valuable timber in a cost-effective way.
- Quarry production and mine blasting: Require a blasting crew with a Mines ticket? We have you covered. We have experience in all types of mine blasting. From valuable minerals on mines discovery claims to controlled permitted blasting for rock spec production.
- Trenching: For water runoff drainage and storm drain relief. Priced per meter
On top of drilling and blasting, D&H is your one-stop-shop for site services. Our project management includes umbrella service for certification of all essential site services including gas, hydro, and sewer. Do you require geotechnical and excavation to prepare your land for and incoming contractor? D&H has you covered there too. All of your hauling needs are taken care of with our trucks and our ability to take any refuse created during your project. Save time and money by using D&H for all of your excavation and site services.
With few new lots coming up for the title and many of the older homes on Vancouver Island and the Lower mainland sitting on large lots; demolition and building is a popular choices. At D&H we take care of every aspect of your demo. From disposal bins to remediation reports we have the team to get it done right. In areas that do not have access restrictions, we use a 40-yard end dump this is a great choice and saves money vs a drop bin. Not sure how to go about dropping a building? We work in every municipality. Having working relationships and a dialed-in approach allows us to help with permits and applications to character house lifts is also common allowing more flexible mortgage options vs reducing a home to raw land and building. This involves using smaller machines to break and excavate under a jacked-up house. Having a precision team that accepts only perfection will ensure your demo and lift are done right the first time. Working with the best geotech we will ensure turnaround time for ground certification is done on schedule
We have rock breakers for our 200, 225, 245, and 350 size excavators these are great alternatives to blasting. Areas where a pre-blast survey is not feasible or slope stability is an issue. Rock breaking can provide a cost-effective alternative. General blasting jobs that are small in populated areas can run up costs with services of drills, mats, and the cost of nitro-based explosives during winter months. Combo that with the costs of pre-blast survey and it can make rock removal not efficient. Often the best solution is using an oversize machine with a breaker. This involves only one machine transported to site and a one-man crew saving customers money in the pre-construction phase.
Our service area extends covers all areas of Vancouver Island. We cover all of these major markets and everything in between.
- Cowichan Valley
- Shawnigan Lake/Malahat
- Nanoose Bay
- Port Renfrew
- Tofino Ucluelet
- Campbell River
We do offer contractor rates, contact us through the form on this page or call us by clicking or dialling the number below. We will connect with you as soon as possible.